Tuesday 25 February 2014

Waxoyl leaking

Took the Cobra out to check brakes etc and noticed when I got back some steam/smoke from underneath, thought it was enamel hardening on manifolds but noticed a dark coloured drip from one cat :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Almost a heart attack later when under the pit at a fast pace,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the exhausts where they ran under the chassis were heating the chassis up and guess who had the bright idea of putting loads of waxoyl down the chassis legs  .Bottom line waxoyl dripping from a few unused rivnuts either side onto cat then with the heat turning black and dripping onto the ground. Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww not oil in the exhaust then as that was first flash that crossed my mind.
I guess I might of pumped way to much waxoyl into the chassis, Firstly tomorrow I will block the spare rivnuts with some bolts so no more waxoyl can flow through them when heated up, then I will on the next few occasions the car is out watch for further points where the waxoyl may find an exit point. 

All in all its a good idea to put waxoyl into the chassis but don't go to daft with it like I did 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment